Tierra Farm is a Certified Organic manufacturer and distributor of nuts and dried fruits, located 20 miles south of Albany, New York. Our customers consist mainly of cooperatives and independently owned grocery stores that value working with an employee-owned, environmentally conscious company that manufactures its own products.
You will be fully immersed in all of the exciting challenges of a high growth food manufacturer. We expect our people to be the best of the best. The job is demanding, but you will be supported every step of the way. You will learn and grow while earning a competitive compensation package at a company which was named one of the “Best Places to Work” in 2017 by the Albany Business Review and “Top Workplaces” in 2018 by Times Union in the New York’s Capital Region.
Customer Care & Promotion Assistant is a hybrid of the Customer Service and Brand Ambassador positions. As an integral part of the Tierra Farm Sales Team, you will support the Sales Department on a day-to-day basis as well as with project-oriented activities and research. You will be expected to work effectively as a team member, provide support to the sales staff while they are off-site, screen incoming phone calls and correspondence, and provide general administrative support. You can be the face of Tierra Farm to our customers. Therefore you are expected to provide clear and prompt service, product information, solutions, and relevant details to our customers in friendly and courteous manner at all time.
The qualified candidate has a professional demeanor, is comfortable with confidential materials and situations, has above average computer skills, especially in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and has the unique ability to handle multiple tasks under deadlines while having fun. A strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
If selected, you’ll work with highly motivated, results-driven media professionals dedicated to superlative customer service in a fast-paced, creative and inspired environment.
The Customer Care & Promotion Assistant Role Requires you to:
From the Customer Service side:
- Enter customer orders into electronic database.
- Answer phone & email requests from customers.
- Work closely with sales & customer service to audit orders, inventory, and special requests.
- Follow up on inventory status, pre-delivery information, and verification of delivery status to customers.
- Assist sales representatives monitor their top customer ordering habits.
From the Brand Ambassador side:
- Seek out and introduce customers to Tierra Farm’s epic selection in a variety of field marketing opportunities
- Create a unique and on-brand customer experience to increase brand awareness and build customer loyalty
- Work with marketing, sales and operations to ensure seamless execution
- Serve as brand ambassador in stores deemed by operations to ensure that the brand is being properly represented
- Communicate success stories, key learning’s and other activities to Marketing team
- Sampling our organic products in markets and stores nationwide
This job is for you if:
- You are enthusiastic self-starter with strong event production skills
- You are a creative thinker who’s in the know, on the pulse of what makes our communities tick and a champion for what makes Tierra Farm unique
- You are incredibly organized and focused and plan ahead, but flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- You have strong customer service skills
- You have the ability to engage a crowd and naturally outgoing personality
- You have the ability to represent the brand in a highly positive manner
- You have the understanding of both marketing & sales fundamentals
- You are a strong team player but also possessing the ability to work independently
- You have the ability to lift up to bend and lift
- You have the ability to navigate a variety of floor surfaces including, but not limited to stairs, escalators, concrete, and carpet
- You have the ability to withstand frequent walking and standing for periods of time
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You have a high sense of urgency and act with speed and agility
- You are willing and able to work on weekend
- Competitive salary commensurate of experience.
- Health & Dental Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Paid holidays, vacation, personal & Sick Time
- and many other great benefits
- Potential for future promotion within company for quality candidates.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter highlighting why you would be a good fit for this position. Applications that do not have both documents will not be considered.
*We anticipate high volume of applications for this position. Please note, therefore, we will contact you only if we decide to invite you for a job interview. We appreciate for your understanding.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $31,200.00 to $35,000.00/year
If you believe your skills will help Tierra Farm’s growing success, feel free to contact us through the form below with an attached resume, or email HR@TierraFarm.com.