Prepare and package our products for shipment with a safety –minded attitude that maintains and enhances a safety culture for the benefit of the Company and its employees. The position is responsible for handling food products and maintaining a clean and sanitary work area. The work location will be in Valatie or Albany, NY.
About Tierra Farm:
Tierra Farm is a Certified Organic manufacturer and distributor of nuts and dried fruits, located 20 miles south of Albany, New York. Our customers consist mainly of cooperatives and independently owned grocery stores that value working with an employee-owned, environmentally conscious company that manufactures its own products. Tierra Farm was named one of the “Best Places to Work” in New York’s Capital Region by the Albany Business Review in 2017 and one of the “Top Work Places” by Times Union in 2018 and 2019.
- Roast our products with seasonings and settings temperature and time controls on ovens for roasting process.
- Load bulk product (up to 30 pounds) into smaller containers at required production frequency levels.
- Accurately label product and finished cases.
- Review and inspect product
- Place pre-determined amount of products into packaging.
- Reject product that does not meet specifications
- Place required number of packages into box.
- Ensure that boxes are filled per required levels.
- Place completed boxes on pallet ensuring proper pallet configuration
- Place empty pallet into position for proper stocking.
- Maintain areas in a clean and sanitary manner at all times.
- Inspect equipment for sanitary conditions.
- Inspect product for quality and any signs of foreign material contamination.
- Contribute to team effort by performing other duties as assigned and needed.
- Must be able to work the 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM shift (Monday to Friday).
- Must be able to work in a high speed environment.
- Must be able to work 40 hours or more per week.
- Must be able to work mandatory overtime if necessary including weekends.
- Must adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Must be min. 18 years of age
- Must be able to legally work in the United States.
- Must be able to stand for 8-9 hours per day.
- Must be able to stand, bend, stoop, squat as needed for responsibilities and other miscellaneous duties.
- Must be able to lift 30-50 pounds
- Must be a hard working and motivated individual.
- Must have good hand eye coordination.
- Must be able to understand unit of measure and read a scale.
- High School Diploma / GED preferred.
- 1-2 year related work experience preferred.
Up on the completion of the successful introductory period, various benefits are available, such as medical, dental & Vision coverage and others.
*We anticipate high volume of applications for this position. Please note, therefore, we will contact you only if we decide to invite you for a job interview. We appreciate for your understanding.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
If you believe your skills will help Tierra Farm’s growing success, feel free to contact us through the form below with an attached resume, or email HR@TierraFarm.com.