Tierra Farm is a Certified Organic manufacturer and distributor of nuts and dried fruits, located 20 miles south of Albany, New York. Our customers consist mainly of cooperatives and independently owned grocery stores that value working with an employee-owned, environmentally conscious company that manufactures its own products. Tierra Farm was named one of the “Best Places to Work” in 2017 by the Albany Business Review and “Top Workplaces” in 2018 and 2019 by Times Union in the New York’s Capital Region.
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects in accordance with Company goals.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations in a professional and effective manner by maintaining up to date awareness of company activity, industry trends and government regulations.
- Provide input and participate in marketing planning and technical development of products and services within their geographical territory.
- This is an outside sales position with travel within designated territory 75% time.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special order requests, accounts receivable sales/ data.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses.
- Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Perform administrative duties such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits and pick- up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions and filing reports.
- Collaborate with internal and external Sales Support Staff.
- May require overnight travel for account maintenance, training, tradeshows etc.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Build relationships with accounts, ensuring that Tierra Farm has the best possible in-store placements, is priced appropriately, being re-ordered on time, merchandised in the best possible way and generally promoted by stores.
- Work with our team of brand ambassadors to execute field marketing activities
- A tenacious, enterprising, and driven (Type A) personality
- Bachelor’s Degree is highly desirable.
- Extroverted, self-motivated personality, with the ultimate goal of providing a high level of service to customers.
- Ability to work without daily supervision in a fast paced environment, where time management, prioritizing and organizational skills are a MUST.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Candidates must have a passion for food and people.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to conduct sales presentations and speak in front of an audience.
- Competency in Microsoft Office: Outlook email, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to demonstrate products properly within time limit given and, at times, under unreasonable working areas provided by customers.
- This position may require the incumbent to work a flexible schedule when necessary and may also include non-traditional business hours.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Clean driving record and must maintain car insurance limits according to company policy.
- Outgoing with strong interpersonal skills
- Sales experience a plus
- Organizational skills
- The desire to take ownership of problems and find creative solutions
- A passion for products that improve people’s lives
- Health and wellness oriented
- A desire to be a part of a fast-growing company
- Competitive salary commensurate of experience.
- Health & Dental Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Paid holidays, vacation, personal & Sick Time
- and many other great benefits
- Potential for future promotion within company for quality candidates.
Salary commensurate with experience. Opportunity to earn equity for the right candidates that want to grow within the company.
To apply, please send resume along with an introduction about yourself, any sales experience, why you are interested in the position, and what would you like to gain from this opportunity. Candidates who do not provide this information along with their resume will not be considered. If you would like, please also include your skill sets, web links, work, or any other information you would like to share.
*We anticipate high volume of applications for this position. Please note, therefore, we will contact you only if we decide to invite you for a job interview. We appreciate for your understanding.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000 to $50,000/year
If you believe your skills will help Tierra Farm’s growing success, feel free to contact us through the form below with an attached resume, or email HR@TierraFarm.com.