Tierra Farm is a Certified Organic manufacturer and distributor of nuts and dried fruits, located 20 miles south of Albany, New York. Our customers consist mainly of cooperatives and independently owned grocery stores that value working with an employee-owned, environmentally conscious company that manufactures its own products. Tierra Farm was named one of the “Best Places to Work” in 2017 by the Albany Business Review and “Top Workplaces” in 2018 and 2019 by Times Union in the New York’s Capital Region.
This position, Retail Sales Assistant, is a combined position of Retail Store Associate and Web Order Fulfillment Assistant. Tierra Farm prides ourselves by providing our customers with the finest quality products with a level of service and support that is second to none. Your role as a retail store assistant is crucial to our company since you will be the first ‘face’ of our company for many of our customers. As a web order assistant, you will be responsible for final products to our consumers by preparing and packing products for shipment with a safety-minded attitude with accuracy.
In the role of Retail Store Associate, we expect you to:
- Work on Friday, Saturday and Sunday in our retail store,
- Greet every customer with energy and an enthusiasm about our products,
- Assist customers in a friendly, confident and knowledgeable manner,
- Be skilled in serving and selling to multiple customers,
- Show pride in your store by maintaining exceptional store standards through stocking, cleaning, merchandising etc. and
- Treat the store as your own and perform other duties as needed that will contribute to the success of the business.
In the role of Web Order Fulfillment Assistant, we expect you to
- Work on 1) Monday and Tuesday or 2) Wednesday and Thursday in our production room,
- Pick the correct products for a specific order for shipping,
- Maintain areas in a clean and sanitary manner at all times and
- Contribute to team effort by performing other duties as assigned and needed.
- Load bulk product (up to 30 pounds) into smaller containers at required production frequency levels,
- Accurately label product and finish cases,
- Review and inspect product,
- Place pre-determined number of products into packaging and
- Reject product that does not meet specifications.
- For example, you may be requested to pack our products. If that is the case –
- Competitive salary commensurate of experience.
- Various benefits after completion of the Introductory Period such as
- Health & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off (holidays/vacation/sick/personal time), Gym Membership Assistant and more (3-months from DoH)
- Student Loan, Legal Service Assistant, 401(k) and more (1 year from DoH)
- Potential for future promotion within company for quality candidates.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter highlighting why you would be a good fit for this position. Applications that do not have both documents will not be considered.
*We anticipate high volume of applications for this position. Please note, therefore, we will contact you only if we decide to invite you for a job interview. We appreciate for your understanding.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Customer Services: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
If you believe your skills will help Tierra Farm’s growing success, feel free to contact us through the form below with an attached resume, or email HR@TierraFarm.com.